Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Fabric Portfolio and Notepad Holder

Hello!
I am back again to show you a neat gift idea. It wasn't my idea but it is a great one! A fellow blogger and seamstress, Lindsay, aka Cottage Mama, came up with  this fabulous tutorial. Fabulous because I could easily follow her instructions and complete a bunch of these in the same weekend! Yahoo!


So here goes! 
Step one, pick out some fabric combos. I was pulling fabric off of the shelf and seeing how they looked together.
I had to make four notebooks so this is what I came up with. (I also used sticky notes to label each fabric part).
















Second, I picked up some supplies at the dollar store....


Next, I followed the tutorial and sewed them up! (The girls came in and checked on me when they snapped this pic!)


I made two on Saturday and two on Sunday. The directions and pictures really helped! I even tried covered buttons. Now I am totally hooked on them! My daughter suggested adding some ric-rac and I also used different types of decorative stitching. Since I had elastics, I added in an elastic to hold a pen on the inside. 

Next thing I knew, I was finished!






















I was thinking these would be perfect gifts for my daughter's teachers....great for their next faculty meeting! 





I would just like to thank the Cottage Mama for sharing her great tutorial! Go check it out!!!! She has a fabulous website/blog/store!

I am making a few dresses for the girls next...so keep checking back! Have a great week!
Love,
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. Love the notebooks!

    And love the new blog... looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cute! I may have to add them to my queue. ;)
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment - I added your blog to my blog roll. :)
    All the best,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! What a great way to use up some bits and bobs too!

    ReplyDelete