Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Getting it together.....sort of!

Hello!
How are you doing???? We're about a week away from Christmas and I think we're just about ready here. We just finished up the last two traditional activities we participate in each December! I think this last week of school may include a party or two for the little girls! I made dresses for both of the girls for both of these events.... of course!!

I made Devon a Santa penguin dress...with fun and colorful fabric. She picked out the applique for the top and I kept the rest of the dress simple. I made Brooklyn a dress to go along with the cutest Nativity set I've ever seen. The appliques were made by the very talent behind Bows and Clothes! She has fabulous designs that always stitch out so nicely. Great customer service too!!!

So I think I showed you these preview shots last time...


I went with the Simply Sweet halter for Devon and jumper for Brooklyn. My friend, Carla, created this pattern and I have to say I've made so many dresses from it!! It's a classic!!!

I actually pulled out my old machine with the ruffler attached to make the ruffle for the bottom. If you need to make lots of ruffles, nothing beats this contraption! Usually it comes with little to no directions, however, but Carla made a great tutorial if you want to learn how to adjust your ruffler.

 The skirt and the ruffle ready to go...
 So here is the ruffle before.....

And after....
I worked on the rest of the dress and finished it up that night! However, I still needed to make Devon's dress. I had already done the applique on the bodice earlier but I was just too tired to start a dress at 8:30 pm. And we needed it in the morning! So I just got up early and was able to put it together rather quickly! Devon had decided the night before to wear her cream sweater dress so that's what she wore to have breakfast with Santa. Then she wore her Santa Penguin to Ferry Merry Christmas. I am hoping they both wear them to school this week too! 

My final projects this week are an appliqued top for a friend and I think I may need to make some pajamas for PJ Day at school....uggggg..... they have Christmas pajamas but they are wrapped under the tree so we can't use them. I am also making some pj bottoms for my hubby and then I think I am done for the year! Yaaa!

So here are the final pictures of the dresses.....and if you go to my other blog you can see them in action..lol!! Here is Brooklyn's dress:













And here is Devon's dress:







Says it all, huh??? I really hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright! Thanks for checking out my blog! I will be back next week!!!

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!
God Bless,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment