Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rosetta Ruffle for some summer fun

Hello Everyone!
For the last few evenings I have been working on a summer bag for myself. About time since it is already July 11th! Ha! I wanted to make a medium size Rosetta Ruffle (available in the Etsy shop) with some of my new Jennifer Paganelli Sis Boom fabric. Of course this requires me to select and CUT the fabric. Ok.... you know you are borderline fabric hoarder when you no longer want to use the fabric you bought....you would rather just look at it on the shelf. Ok, yes, I had to overcome a bit of don't-cut-itus. But I did it! 

Here are the selected fabrics:
  
The pattern is fun because you can make it in three different sizes and with lots of contrasting fabrics or all of the same. So I enlisted the help of some sewing friends and we decided to use the three on the right as the ruffles. The three on the left would be lining and pockets. So here is the first outer side completed:
 Then both sides complete. These two sides take the longest.
 Here are the two lining pieces with their respective pockets.
 I made one of the pockets a little larger so it could hold my ipad.
 Here are the two straps. I made them the required length but I almost wish I had added an inch or two. Next time I make these I will have to remember to do that! But it still works....I just must like longer straps.
 Here are some bad indoor shots of the completed bag:
 The inside:

 ****************************************************************************

So today I brought my bag outside to get a better pic of it. Here it is before I filled it with stuff:


It had lots of pockets inside and lots of ruffles outside. Love it! Perfect for some summer fun! I took it with me today when I took the girls to Cape May to see the play, "Alexander's Horrible Terrible No Good Very Bad Day"!  With my new bag, I can happily say I had a pretty good day! Hope you did too! God Bless,
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. It is gorgeous!! I've been thinking of making one of those lovely bags and I believe I will!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete