Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cinderella Gown

Hello and Happy New Year!

I hope this year finds you healthy and sewing up a storm during these cold winter months! I found some time this past weekend to complete a project for our trip to Disney. My girls are going to participate in a make-over at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique and needed something to wear. I had already made a dress for my daughter, Devon, that she had requested: Ariel's Dinner Dress.....


And I still had to make my other daughter's Cinderella dress. I used similar fabric in blue to make hers. Here's the inspiration picture....



And working along on the bodice...



Before hemming....


And the completed dress! I tried to take pictures outside but is was a bit windy...lol! Blew the whole thing over! So here is the bow I added to the back. It needed something!

 The front...

 The side...
 I finally came inside....brrrrr! It actually snowed today! So here are some inside pics before we take down the tree!


I hope both girls really enjoy their appointment and dresses! I don't think I can fit the pettiskirt in the suitcase so they may not be as "fluffy" when worn in the parks but I am sure they will still like to be dressed up! I have an Ariel necklace already and I may need to buy a Cinderella one before the trip! So I looked over my sewing list and I only have a few more outfits to make....so check back soon to see what is next! Thanks for looking!

God Bless,
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Did you use a specific pattern for Ariel's Dinner Dress? Or piece pieces together? Just wondering, I think my daughter would love it if I made her one like it!

    ReplyDelete