Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Critter Jamboree Quilt

Hello everyone!!!!

I'm back from camping and finished a quilt today too! It's for my husband's cousin who just had a baby girl! Her name is Gemma and she is cute as a button! I am in love with my Slice Fabrique, as you know, and was so inspired by Shari Butler's new fabric line, that I had to make the new baby quilt with it!
First, I drew out my design which was inspired by the design card pamphlet's example. Then I cut all of the fabric and began the Slice Applique animals! I picked a monkey, a deer, a frog and a skunk! Not very girly I know but they were so cute and colorful!


Then I stitched the squares together and stitched the rows to make the center of the quilt!
Next I added a plain white border and some pretty yellow Sis Boom fabric outer border....and the quilt top was finished!
I made the backing out of some cute dot flannel I had so that it would be soft and cuddly! I layered the backing, batting and quilt top and pinned it all together.





Next step was the fun part! I quilted the blocks. For the corners and center, I just did a random stipple but for the four animals, I tried (for the first time) an outline stitch which is repeated. I followed the pattern in the yellow border and did a decorative stitch in the white border.

Lastly, I made the binding with some pretty Sis Boom strip fabric to match the colors in the quilt.

Here is the finished quilt! It's about 36" x 36" and I am so happy with how it came out! I hope the baby will love it!





With the completion of this quilt, I actually finished all of my summer projects! I am so excited! Now I will probably work on some stuff for the fall and Christmas. So what are you working on for the upcoming holidays?
Thanks for reading along and have a super week!!!
Hugs,
Cathy





1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt, it is so creative and gorgeous! I can't say enough, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete